30 Eylül 2012 Pazar

O.W.A. R.I.P

To contact us Click HERE

Breaking news: Harlen Wheatley, the Buffalo Trace Master Distiller let the cat out of the bag while attending an event in Dallas recently. According to him, it's been decided that Old Weller Antique (OWA) is being retired.

This was just reported by a fellow member of the board who attended the event. Harlan gave the reason as limited supply of stock. If you remember back in 2009, BT made the decision to drop the age statement and I commented about it here. I said privately among my fellow enthusiasts that the next possible turn of events was the label being retired. I hate being almost right.....almost because it hasn't happened yet.

Early this year I took possession of a number of private barrel picks of OWA and I'm getting ready to head to KY to taste through a couple more barrels. I just hope this recent turn of events doesn't put the purchase at risk.

This is sad news folks. I hope the news is wrong but based on the public outing by Harlan, it appears to be true.....we'll see.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder