27 Aralık 2012 Perşembe

Wakim André 10 Essentials

To contact us Click HERE

Introducing my friend, brother-in-law and one of the most stylish guys I know, Wakim André. He has a bit of an addictive personality, but not to your typical vices. He likes impecably tailored clothing, handmade watches, bone-in ribeyes...the refined things in life. He considers himself, at least in his mind, in all things an epicure. Below are the top 10 things he unapologetically endorses
1. American Audio VMS4
When I’m not on my day job, or ordering a martini while wearing a tuxedo “a la James Bond”,  I dabble in music under the pseudonym: DJ UN. This is a hobby I started a couple years ago, and I've cut my teeth on various turntables. Right now, my go-to happens to be American Audio VMS4. Simplistic enough for a beginner, but allows the more advanced DJ all the functionality needed. My services are available for your party needs in the Manhattan area (Tuxedo not included).
2. Suit Supply
Suitsupply is a Dutch based retailer that occupies an airy second-floor space in SoHo. The concept is new to New York and the US, though Suitsupply has been making clothing elsewhere for a decade. The fabrics are impressive, from Italian mills; the construction is done elsewhere, where it’s cheaper; and alterations are done quickly in-house, sometimes while you wait.
There are few things I feel more strongly about than well fitted clothing. Too many men suffer from wearing ill fitted suits. Suit Supply offers a high quality, modern product with in house tailoring services at the right price point. For these reasons, I highly endorse Suit Supply.
3. Odin 01
You can't have a 10 Essentials without a fragrance. Cologne is essential to any man and how he presents himself. This is not an area where you skimp. A gentleman makes a bold statement with the fragrance that he uses, and I swear by this particular scent. Even better, my wife loves it on me. She happens to have this weird “scent thing”, and when we first started dating, we shopped around for months to find something she and I could both agree on. Odin 01 was the winner. She loves when I wear this, and yes, smelling good has its perks
4. Cartier Santos 100 Year Anniversary
There are 3 things a man should wear everyday: confidence, a smile and a great watch. I'm a watch guy. I have several watches in regular rotation, but my favorite watch is the Santos 100 year anniversary by Cartier. Timeless.

“Louis Cartier created the Santos watch in 1904, sealing his friendship with the aviator Alberto Santos Dumont. The famous aviator's wish was granted: he could check the time while flying. The dial's rounded angles and exposed screws made this an iconic timepiece. Cartier marked the centenary of the watch with the introduction of a steel version.”
5. Malcom Gladwell Box Set
I dig Malcolm Gladwell’s collection of books. In this box set, Gladwell demonstrates that printed books can still be beautiful, covetable objects that enhance the content. He hired Brian Rea, a Times Magazine illustrator to collaborate on the visuals for this art box set, “Malcolm Gladwell: Collected.” It’s an illustrated collection of three of his books: “The Tipping Point,” “Blink” and “Outliers.”  These 3 books are must reads.
6. Caesar Salad, Breslin Bar Dining Room at Ace Hotel, Manhattan
The Breslin, a British gastropub, in the Ace Hotel on 29th Street has an herbed-up version of a casear salad with anchovy croutons and a rich, salty mussel soup with curry butter. You can't go to The Breslin without ordering this amazing salad. Take my word, you need this in your life.
7. P90x
I'm addicted to fitness. From Insanity to Crossfit, I have tried every workout regimen once. In the end, my all-time favorite regimen is P90X. It’s the most balanced and complete workout regimen out there.
8. Roche Bobois

Roche Bobois is a French based contemporary furniture company. They have been making furniture for over 50 years and have perfected a clean modern look that I am drawn to. Your home should be visually appealing and somewhat inspiring. Roche Bobois is the man cave at its best.
9. Warby Parker
I think eyeglasses can be a great accessory for anyone. In the past, the sheer cost of a pair of prescription eyeglasses made recreational wear prohibitively expensive. So, like others, I looked for more affordable options and stumbled upon Warby Parker. At $95 per frame with affordable lens options, you can't beat Warby Parker. As icing on the cake, Warby Parker gives a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair of glasses purchased.
10. Dexter
This is by far one of the best  television shows ever created. I have seen every episode. It is engrossing, smart and for an hour, allows to embrace your dark side.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder